Estrogen is one important hormone in the body that is responsible for a lot of sexual functions in the body. It has significance like any other hormone and the low level of this hormone in the body can cause problems in the body. Estrogen is the hormone that is produced in both men and women but the level of production of this hormone is very high in women compared to men, this is the reason why women feel the low levels of this hormone much more compared to men.
This hormone is linked to puberty, menstrual periods, and pregnancy. one good thing, is that there are a lot of symptoms that can tell you that the estrogen level is falling in the body so you can get it treated or start with the diet that helps with the balancing of the estrogen level in the body.
The treatment of the low estrogen level is very important because studies have revealed that low estrogen can result in infertility in women. This also results in low bone density so the bones start breaking or getting fractured easily. Hormone therapy for women can be something highly beneficial in balancing the amount that is needed for the estrogen level.
Let us take a look at the symptoms of low estrogen so that you can get it checked and get ready for the treatment.
- Vaginal dryness is one important thing linked to the low estrogen level, so when you start feeling that you have painful sex, chances are that the estrogen level is low.
- The thinning of the urethra is also caused due to low estrogen levels, which further causes an increase in urinary tract infections.
- Menstrual periods are disturbed because of the low level of estrogen, resulting in either irregular or absent periods.
- Mood swings are largely related to the estrogen level.
- Sleeping at night and finding yourself drenched in sweat is what is called hot flashes and these too are the symptoms of low estrogen levels.
- Tenderness in the breasts is caused when your level of estrogen is not maintained.
- Headaches and migraines are also associated with the low level of this hormone.
- Stress, depression, fatigue, anxiety, all are said to be linked to estrogen’s low level.
- One might find it difficult to focus and concentrate on his work due to a low level of estrogen.
Article Source: BioDesign Wellness Center