CBD is administered in many different ways. However, CBD vapes and oil tinctures are known as the most effective and efficient delivery methods. This is the reason why most users prefer carrying along vaping devices like vape pens and mods compared to CBD edibles even when they are travelling.
If this is your first time traveling with a vape or CBD vape juice on the plane, here is everything you must know. Keep in mind, rules concerning such products and devices aren’t friendly, and thus it is best if you play safe. So, let’s get started.
Carrying vaping devices on plane
The first thing you must keep in mind is never pack any vaping device like e-cigs, vape pens or even mods, in your check in luggage. Instead, always carry them in either your carry-on luggage or in your pockets. However, there is no such rule for e-liquids or extra pods, and thus they can be packed either ways. Then again, as far as lithium batteries are concerned, they should be packed in carry-on luggage only.
If by mistake you will leave the batteries in your luggage, and it is x-rayed, there are very good chances that you might lose the device and the batteries. The airport security might even choose to leave your luggage behind. So, all in all, carry the vape devices with you in the cabin.
Tips for packing a vaping device on plane:
- If your mod operates on external batteries, make sure to carry the charger.
- If you need extra batteries, pack them individually in plastic battery cases to ensure safety.
- If you are going on a short trip, consider carrying simpler devices like disposable vape pens.
- Considering the cabin pressure, it is advised that you fill your tanks partially. In fact, it will be best if you leave them empty to avoid any sort of leakage.
Carrying vaping juice on plane
It is a general rule that you cannot carry any liquid, gels, lotions, and even pastes in more than 100ml quantity while on plane. This includes products like shampoo, toothpaste, deodorants, and even e-juices. So, here are some tips to pack e-liquid…
- Carry partially used bottles of e-liquid, since cabin pressure can make full bottles expand.
- While travelling, carry e-juices with higher strengths. This way you will not have to bring a lot of bottles.
- Most of the European countries as well as many others, have 20mg/ml nicotine limit. So, if you are vaping something with more strength, bring it along.
Carrying CBD oil or vape juices on plane
The Transportation Security Administration regulations have recently changed their policy concerning CBD considering the 2018 Farm Bill. However, it is still pretty risky to travel with any CBD products, even if they contain 0.3% or less THC. The thing is, the 2018 Farm Bill legalized hemp production, but there are no protections offered to the consumers who use CBD products.
In simple words, until the law gets crystal clear, carrying CBD products will be considered risky. However, if you are carrying Epidiolex, the FDA approved CBD based drug, it is an exception.
Lastly, to summarize it can be said that airport security and airline staff are dealing with vapers for over a decade now. So, as long as you respect their rules, you need not to worry.